What Are the Differences Between Extruded Acrylic and Cast Acrylic Sheets?
Custom boxes are made from different materials. Each element determines the strength of the box and its use. Depending on the depth of one's pocket and the purpose of acquiring a certain container, one can specify what material they want their boxes to be made of. However, it would be wise to do a quick research before getting on the phone (or laptop) to order a custom container.
Custom Box Materials
Corrugated Plastic: Also known as Corriboard, corrugated plastic is a wide-range of plastic-plastic-sheet products made from high-impact polypropylene resin. Lightweight but tough, this material is mainly used for making signs and containers (read: boxes). Boxes made of corrugated plastic come in different sizes are reusable, and carry heavier weights than paperboard boxes. Corrugated plastic has many trade names, including Coroplast, Correct, and Twinplast, and it also comes in many colors.
Corrugated Fiberboard: This is the brown material most boxes are made of. Corrugated fiberboard is a type of paperboard that is made up of three layers: two flat pieces of paper with a fluted (corrugated) layer in the middle. This layering gives the material its strength, as well as the boxes.
Paperboard: Paperboard is a thick material made of, yes, paper. The main difference between cardboard and paper is that the former is thicker than the latter. Paperboard has several types, depending on their use and the industry using them, such as kraft board, laminated board, et cetera. A kind of paperboard is what is used to make corrugated fiberboard.
Cardboard: This refers to any heavy-duty paper. As such, most people use the terms cardboard, paperboard, and corrugated fiberboard interchangeably. Technically they are not the same thing. Cardboard is the parent name for all other 'boards.'
Wood: A hard material gotten from trees, wood is used to make crates and boxes and cases. It would be nice if one decided not to use wooden crates, as this would help the afforestation movement, and make steps towards reducing global warming.
Plastic: light, durable material produced by chemical processes, it can be formed into different shapes when heated. Mostly used in making crates, the plastic containers are divided into compartments that hold bottles for transportation and storage.
Metal: Metal containers are made of iron, tin, gold, or other alloys like brass. Boxes made of metal are durable, though susceptible to rust, and very expensive.
These are the different types of materials that are used to make custom containers. The strength, durability, and cost of a custom box depends on the material a customer chooses, and one's choice matters greatly if they are getting custom boxes for delivering goods to their clients.
- Banning 1 Inch Thick Plastic Sheets
- Beaumont Plastic Sheet Cut To Size
- Blythe Thick Clear Plastic
- Calimesa Heat Resistant Plastic Sheet
- Canyon Lake Industrial Plastic Sheeting
- Cathedral City Wholesale Plastic Sheets
- Coachella Plastic Vendors
- Corona 4 X 8 Plastic Sheets
- Desert Hot Springs Polypropylene Sheets 4×8
- Eastvale 4×8 Sheets Of Plastic
- Hemet Clear Plastic Supplies
- Indian Wells Nylon Sheet Suppliers
- Indio Plastic Sheet Cut To Size
- Jurupa Valley UHMW Sheet
- Lake Elsinore Plastic Suppliers Near Me
- La Quinta HDPE Sheets
- Menifee Plastic Vendors
- Moreno Valley Hard Plastic Sheets 4×8
- Murrieta Polypropylene Sheets 4×8
- Norco Buy Clear Plastic Sheets
- Palm Desert Polypropylene Sheets 4×8
- Palm Springs 4 X 8 Plastic Sheets
- Perris Poly Sheets 4×8
- Rancho Mirage PVC Round Stock
- Riverside Clear Acrylic Panels
- San Jacinto Sheet Plastic Suppliers
- Temecula Polymer Plastic Sheets
- Wildomar Plastic Suppliers Near Me