Plastic Sheeting is the result of plastic extrusion. This is formed by means of a high range manufacturing process - melting and deforming a raw plastic that results to permanent file of plastic sheets.
The ranges of plastic products are compatible for the construction and engineering substances. Display sheets, prints, and signs have diverted into plastic sheeting. Special designs in fabrication of plastic sheets are in extensive service globally. These plastic products have different kinds of classification from window frames to outdoor roofing applications.
Plastic sheeting is the best alternative for the more expensive steel.
There are many types of plastic sheeting. The Acrylic Plastic Sheet combines the most reliable quality for the visor or helmet. It has the most precise optical clearness. The intensity of the color of this product combines a good illumination in a wide range of opaque colors, transparent and translucent.
You can create a design depending on your project because acrylic is easy to shape. It is blended well with tough hardness and finish surface and is resilient to chemical and weather. It is easy to clean and maintain. It is largely utilized for aquariums or tanks at homes or commercial establishments. Acrylic plastic is also best for exterior lenses of automobile lights and appropriate watcher protector.
The Plastic Aluminum Composite Sheet catches the ultimate color of red, blue, green, yellow, metallic, black and white. This generous selection of colors grabs the eye of customers. These are lightweight, making it perfect for loading. It is also rust-proof and weather-proof. The material in aluminum plastic sheet is considered as first class thermal insulation. It has the best proven properties of light polythene core and varnish of baked aluminum polyester. It is ideal for all around indoor and outdoor purposes.
Plastic Aluminum Composite Sheet is recommended to use as panels for canopy and ceiling, display boards and billiards, stand for exhibitions and showrooms, copings for parapet walls, covers for column, wraps for beam, parts for furniture, elevators and stairways, panels for partition, and cladding canopy and balcony
The Polycarbonate Plastic Sheeting is the most natural among all plastic products. It comprises of clear and translucent quality and is heat resistant up to 145 degrees. It is unaffected by acids and water substances. These types of plastic sheeting are best for electronic application such as conduction of electrical properties.
The polycarbonate sheets are stabilized in advanced engineering practice to meet the reinforced shape, a great advantage for those who want to fabricate their own forms of design. Polycarbonate plastic sheeting substance has the best dimensional stability suitable for food exposure. It has the advantage of having superior resistance against heat and temperature and has massive mechanical potency. It also provides high endurance and strength compared to glass.
Polycarbonate plastic sheets are suitable for insulating electrical parts. It can be used also in components for medical and pharmaceutical apparatus, for glazing task, and tough materials for electrical engineers.
Polypropylene Plastic Sheets come in natural, beige, grey, black and white. It possesses superb resistance to solvents and degreasing substance as well as in the attack of electrolytic. The polypropylene Sheets are preferred for all applications exposed to cold state. It is lightweight, easy to form, bendable and welded.
These are used mainly in packaging purposes, cassette holder, pipes, tanks and linings, shells for seats and other automotive parts, containers and fibers.
Thermoforming is the process of heating huge plastic sheets into a very high temperature and cooling them in the required format. Vacuum forming is a sub process or a type of thermoforming where vacuum is applied in between the molds and the plastic to create various shapes. Thermoforming has several advantages and disadvantages compared to the other plastic molding methods like injection molding. In addition to vacuum forming, several other methods like drape forming, twin sheet forming and pressure forming can be incorporated along with thermoforming to produce different kind of products. Several types of plastic can be molded in the method.
Disadvantages of thermoforming
1. Thermoforming is quite costly. Compared to other methods like injection molding, this method can cost up to 50% more.
2. Large plastic sheets are used in the method. They have to be fed into the rollers again and again. This leads to lots of extrusion.
3. The plastic street is stretched in the under pressure in this method. Hence the products formed using thermoforming break at a certain temperature.
4. Thermoforming uses more plastic than other methods. Nearly 10 to 20% more plastic is used to make any product in this method. This adds to cost and creates extensive wastage too.
5. Vacuum forming process done along with thermoforming does not give the required shapes sometimes. The whole process has to be repeated which is expensive as well as time-consuming.
Advantages of thermoforming
There are several advantages in using this method in spite of all these disadvantages.
1. Thermoforming is the only method in which huge plastic sheets can be molded into huge objects. All other methods are used for making small objects only.
2. Though the process is costly, the tools required for the trade or quite cheap. Injection molding machinery is nearly 33% costlier than the Thermoforming machinery tools.
3. Several different products can be prepared in the thermoforming machines. Only certain products can be prepared in other machines. Nearly all types of plastic can be used for the plastic. Other methods use only specific plastic for production.
4. Skilled labor to operate the thermoforming machineries are available in abundant. But, laborers capable of operating machineries of injection molding or vacuum forming are quite less.
5. Superior quality products using more plastic are formed in the method. Hence, they are more durable than the objects created through other local methods.
There are many more advantages in the method. Though costly and a bit time-consuming thermoformed products are preferred by most of the packaging industries due to their high quality.